Momo is a steamed dumpling filled with minced chicken. Momos have become very popular across many places these days. Though the traditional dumplings are made with all-purpose flour, to have them guilt-free better to switch to wheat flour. These wheat dumplings taste equally good as the ones prepared with all-purpose flour.
Momos can have customized fillings and can be either fried or steamed. They are amazingly served with chili garlic sauce.
Healthy Chicken Momo with Wheat Flour
- 11/2 Cups Wheat flour
- Salt as needed as needed
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Spring Onion
- 1 Tbsp Cabbage
- 1 Tbsp MInced Chicken
- 1 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Pepper powder
- Add salt to wheat flour, Knead it to a smooth dough by adding required amount of water.
- In a bowl, take chopped ginger, garlic, onion, cabbage, minced chicken, soy sauce, pepper, salt and mix well.
- With this, add spring onion if available.
- Now take a small ball of dough and shape it as a circle and place chicken filling in the middle. Cover and seal the dough into a preferred shape.
- Place it in the steamer and steam for 20 minutes.