Pancake is nothing but a flat cake made with any flour-based batter that is cooked on a frying pan. This batter can optionally have Egg & Milk. Pancake preparation varies from place to place and even the ingredients differ. This is my version of pancake which I prepare for my Kids almost every week. While cooking for children, we need to be mindful of the ingredients that we choose. I have skipped Baking Soda/Baking powder. There is no harm in adding leavening agents if we are preparing this dish less frequently.
In this recipe, I used whole wheat flour. You can even mix Ragi flour with Wheat Flour to make it much healthier. But Ragi and wheat combination makes the pancake much denser. In that case, we can add the Baking powder to make it fluffier. I have skipped Milk and egg in this recipe. Adding Milk instead of water really makes the pancake lighter.
Wheat Pancake – Toddler Special
- 100 gms Wheat flour
- 2 Banana fruit is small
- 2 Cardamom
- 3 Almonds
- 3 Cashew
- Water as needed
- A pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- Grind almonds, cashews, cardamom, and sugar to a coarse powder. If you are using vanilla essence then skip cardamom.
- Mash the bananas well in a bowl. With this add Wheat flour and the powdered nuts.
- Add the required amount of water to this mixture and mix it well and rest it for 10 minutes. You can very well replace water with milk if making it for 1+ years Babies.
- Then, heat ghee or butter on a non-stick or dosa tawa and pour the batter, and spread them as small dosa's.
- Flip and cook both sides well and serve it.