“Waste to Taste” or “Taste the Waste” or “Zero-Waste Kitchen” is one of the most-talked-about concepts these days. This Recipe is prepared using one such frequently goes wasted ingredient i.e Spring onions. Spring onion is a flavorful herb that is largely used in Asian dishes like dumplings, fried rice, soups, and dips. Spring onions are rich in essential vitamins and have many health benefits. These beautiful-looking grassy leaves taste really awesome when cooked properly.
This perfectly cooked chicken masala tastes soo yummy when served with plain paratha, chapati, roti, dosa, and all sort of bread varieties.
For variation, palak leaves, or any mild spinaches can replace spring onions.
Green Chicken masala
- 1/2 Kf Chicken
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt as needed
- 2 Onions finely chopped
- Oil as required
- 1 Tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp Coriander powder
- 2 Tbsp Chilli Powder – 2 tbsp
- 1 Tbsp Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
- 1 Cup Spring Onion
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala
- Firstly, Marinate chicken with Salt, Turmeric powder, and lemon juice for 1 hour. Marinating meat makes it tender and juicy.
- Heat a pan with oil. Preferably with Gingelly oil. Then season it with Cumin seed and toss in the chopped onions.
- Once the onion becomes translucent, add ginger garlic paste and saute for 30 seconds before adding spice powders.
- Then combine all the spice powders and add-in.
- Now, add the marinated chicken and chopped spring onions and give a mix. Cover the pan with a lid and keep the flame medium hot. The chicken will slowly release the water that is required for our cooking process. Since we are making this as masala type, water released from the chicken will be sufficient.
- Chicken gets cooked within 20 minutes. Add lemon juice and sprinkle some garam masala and remove the masala from heat.
- Tasty Green Chicken masala is ready to serve now.