As always, this is yet another delicious chicken roast prepared with minimal ingredients. This is one of the main dishes that appear in the most popular cuisine worldwide. Today, we have used the grilling method to roast the whole chicken. Ideally, we choose chicken with skin for this preparation. This type of grilled chicken is famous for their juicy meat, unlike Tandoori Chicken.
This will be a perfect choice for a special family meal. We have removed giblets and tied the wings underneath and seasoned them with spices and marinated them before placing them in the oven. In case you prefer to make it as a meal, probably go for potato-based stuffing.
Grill Chicken In Oven
- 1 Kg Whole chicken with skin
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil / any cooking oil
- 6 Garlic pods
- 2 Tbsp Pepper
- Salt As Needed
- 3 Tbsp Tandoori Masala/ Peri Peri Masala
- Onion, potato, capsicum, mushrooms AS Needed
- Wash the chicken well and pat it dry with a paper napkin to remove the moisture.
- Take a bowl and mix crushed garlic, salt, pepper powder and tandoori masala in oil.
- Rub this mixture well all over the chicken and let it marinate for a while.
- After marination, tie the wings along with the neck.
- In a baking tray stack the sliced onions, potatoes and capsicum, add season with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken on top of the vegetables and preheat the oven to 180 degrees to 200 degrees.Then Bake the chicken in convention mode for 40 minutes and in grill mode for 15 minutes to get the roasted flavour.