Fruit custard otherwise known as fruit pudding is the most common dessert item in India which is prepared with milk/cream, fruits, and custard powder. It is one of the simplest and healthiest dessert options ever. This recipe is eggless and made with vanilla custard powder. We love to have this dessert during mango season. Vanilla flavored mango custard is a super cool and delicious dessert. It is absolutely a delightful treat to all. This dessert perfectly substitutes ice cream and is a simple dessert to be served after a filling meal.
It is definitely a rich-tasting dessert relished by everyone. Give it a try and see it yourself.
How to make it super cool?
- Choose Vanilla flavored custard powder over butterscotch /pineapple flavors. Vanilla blends well with all sorts of fruits and so result in a rich flavored fruit custard.
- Adding fruits in season and mainly the ones that are local, tastes better in fruit custard. Especially, Apples, bananas, pomegranates, sweet and seedless sliced grapes, mangoes.
- Refrigerate the dressing for at least 4 to 8 hours before serves make it super cool.
How simple is it ?
All we need to do is, just make the custard the night before the family meal and then serve it instantaneously by adding only the chopped fruits right before serving. The dressing that is stored properly in an air-tight container in the freezer stays good for more than 2 weeks. The custard can also be used as a salad dressing that tastes amazing.
How to make fruit custard
- 2 Tbsp Custard powder
- 1/2 litre Milk
- 60 Gms Sugar
- Fruits pomegranate, apple, banana, mango
- Take 2 tbsp of custard powder in a bowl and add 45 ml cold milk slowly and whisk it well to remove any lumps. This step is very important to make a smooth custard.
- Then, bring the remaining milk to a boil and mix sugar with it.
- Add in the custard milk mixture that we prepared and stir well.
- You may notice the thickening of milk right after adding the custard powder. Let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes in medium flame.
- Allow the mixture to cool down completely before transferring to the refrigerator.
- Add your favourite chopped fruits right before serving. Leaving fruits for a longer time in the custard makes it watery.