Yet another interesting recipe from my kitchen. This preparation slightly differs from traditional biryani making and is very simple. Layers of the long-grained basmati rice and prawn gravy topped with aromatic herbs and saffron slow-cooked in a cooker multiply the flavor of the biryani. It tastes best eaten with plain or onion raita.
Prawn Biryani Recipe
Tasty home-style prawn biryani
- 500 gms Prawns
- 6 Onion Sliced
- 3 Cups Basmati Rice
- 6 Tomato Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Curd
- 3 to 4 Green Chilli
- 5 inch Cinnamon
- 2 Cardamom
- 7 Clove
- 3 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- Salt As needed
- Lemon As needed
- 3 Tbsp Corriander powder
- 4 Tbsp Chilli Powder
- Saffron Few strands
- Corriander and mint leaves Each less than a quarter bunch
- Grind Cinnamon, Cardamom, Clove into a smooth powder and keep it aside.
- Marinate prawns with 1 tbsp of chili powder, 1 tsp of turmeric powder, salt, lemon juice, 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste for 30 minutes.
- Parallelly soak basmati rice for 30 mins and cook till 90% done. Then drain the rice and keep it ready.
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan and shallow fry prawns for a minute and remove from flame.
- Take oil or ghee in a heavy-bottomed vessel along with the leftover ghee from the prawn fry. When the oil is hot, add the sliced onions and fry until they are caramelized.
- With this, add green chili, ginger-garlic paste, and saute well.
- Add tomatoes and cook them until they are mushy. Add chili powder, Corriander powder, Garam masala that we prepared initially.
- With this, add the fried prawns and 1/2 cup water and cook for 30 sec.
- Then in the cooker, layer prawn masala, rice, mint leaves, coriander leaves, saffron and cover the cooker. Cook for 5 mins on high flame and then reduce the flame to very low and cook for 20 mins. After 20 minutes, leave the cooker covered for 10 to 15 minutes. Aromatic prawn biryani is now ready to serve.
Select medium-sized prawns for better result. Prawns are an excellent source of protein and omega 3 fatty acids. It makes a fantastic substitute for red meat and chicken.
I have bookmarked this recipe of yours this Sunday and will surely try making I have even shared this recipe with my sister to try. Thank you so much for putting up the steps.
Sure.Thank you !