This is Indo-Chinese cuisine. We are not deep frying fish here, rather we used the shallow frying technique. I used a few ingredients to prepare this dish, but there is no compromise on the taste. It can be categorized as an appetizer or side dish. This goes well with any Chinese main courses like Noodles, Fried rice, etc. Kids would definitely love this dish. Give it a try then!!
Chilli Fish – Kids version
- 300 Gms Fish fillet (Basa / any other fillet) – 300 gms
- 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
- Salt As Needed
- Oil As Needed
- 2 Tbsp Pepper powder
- 10 Pods Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Spring onion
- 2 Tsp Chili Powder
- 3 Tbsp Honey / any sweetner
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- Add salt and pepper powder to the fish fillets and marinate for 30 minutes
- Heat oil in a frypan.
- Coat fish pieces well with All purpose flour and shallow fry in oil.
- After frying, heat a little oil in a pan again and saute garlic and spring onions
- When slightly sauteed, add soy sauce, honey, chili powder, salt. Allow the sauce to bubble and become thick. Then add the fried fish pieces to it