Mutton Cutlets are definitely a mouth-watering delicacy. Cutlets are served as a snack usually. But this preparation is quite different from other methods of making cutlets as we serve it along with Rice. It’s really a very good accompaniment of Sambar, Rasam rice, Lemon Rice, Coconut Rice which is very popular in South India. This is made with minced mutton cooked and combined with onions and potatoes. The next time when you try making sambar sadham(Sambar Rice) give it a try and witness yourself how delicious these cutlets are.
Mutton Cutlet Recipe
- 250 gms Mutton Minced
- 2 Onions
- 2 Potatoes
- 1 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Turmeric powder
- 1 Tbsp Chili powder
- Pepper powder – as needed
- 2 Green Chily
- Oil for Shallow Frying
- 1 Tbsp Fennel
- Salt as needed
- Curry leaves
- In a pan, take the minced mutton and add salt, turmeric powder chilli powder to it, cover the pot and let it simmer. There is no need to add water as the keema leaves water that's required for the meat to get cooked.
- Check if the mutton is cooked and the water is absorbed. Meanwhile, pour a little oil into a pan and fry with fennel, chopped onion.
- Once the onion becomes soft, add the cooked mutton keema and then the mashed boiled potatoes.
- Check the salt needed for this mixture and pat it into a cutlet shape.
- Beat the egg in a bowl and mix it with Salt and Pepper. Dip the patties in egg and shallow fry in oil.
- Flip and cook each side to make it to a super yummy mutton cutlet.