Kozukkattai is yet another popular dish in South Indian cuisine. These are basically steamed dumplings made of rice flour or any other grain flour. It can be prepared either with a filling based on coconut, Sugar/Jaggery, Mashed dal, etc. This is a healthier version of Rice Kozhukkattai. I have taken an equal proportion of Ragi and Rice Flour to make this kozhukkatai. You may increase or decrease Ragi flour according to your taste.
If you are a mother of a fuzzy toddler, You can think about adding this as finger food to your toddler’s menu. I made this for an evening snack. But this fits for a wholesome breakfast.
- 1 Cup Ragi flour
- 1 Cup Rice flour
- 1/2 Cup Crushed peanuts
- 3/4 Cup Jaggery Powder
- 3/4 Tbsp Cardamom powder
- 1 Tbsp Dry Ginger powder
- 1/2 Cup Coconut grated
- 3 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 Cup Hot milk
- Take Ragi and Rice Flour in a pan and roast them until you get a nice aroma. Remove from the flame.
- Add Crushed or coarsely ground peanuts along with Jaggery powder.
- Add Cardamom powder and Dry ginger powder if you like the flavor.
- Add Grated coconut and coconut oil.
- Now slowly add Hot milk and combine the flour well. Glaze it with a tbsp of Coconut oil again.
- Take a ball of dough and shape it as shown in the picture or in your favorite shape and steam it in the steamer for 12 to 15 minutes.
If there is any leftover, place it in a container and save it for the next breakfast. Steam it again for close to 10 minutes before consuming.