Dishes can be prepared in various ways. The method differs from place to place why not? even from house to house it varies. In that way, this fish curry is popular in South Indian Rural areas. I have used Rohu Fish to make this curry.
This gravy is very deliciously prepared to yield the right flavors with the right amount of spices.
Please saute each ingredient well to get the right consistency and right flavor.
South Indian Style Fish Curry
- 500 gm Fish – 500 g
- 2 Onion
- 3 Tomatoes
- Salt As Needed
- 1 Tbsp Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Fenugreek
- 1 Tbsp Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- Curry Leaves Little
- OIl Gingelly Oil
- Tamarind Lemon Sized
- 1 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 Green Chili
- 6 Pods Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Chilli Powder
- 2 Tbsp Corriander Powder
- Heat oil in a pan. Once heated, add mustard, Fenugreek , curry leaves and garlic.
- Then add chopped onion, curry leaves, and saute until onions are translucent
- Now add the required salt to help the onions cook faster.
- Once onions are cooked well, add tomatoes and cook until mushy.
- Then add turmeric powder, chili powder, and coriander powder and saute for a while.
- Roast the spice powders on low heat for a while and add tamarind extract
- Add water and adjust according your desired consistency.
- Add Pepper powder and allow the water to come to a boil
- Half Cover the pot and let the gravy thickens. Once the oil is separated from the curry, add fish pieces and cook for just 5 minutes.
- After the fish is cooked, turn off the stove and add a little jaggery to enhance the flavor.