Believe me. This chicken dry fry is made with just a couple of spoons of oil. It tasted so good. It became one of our favorite guilt-free recipes. I was too skeptical before trying this recipe. But it surprisingly turned out super delicious and even better than the deep-fried chicken.
Chicken Dry Fry – With Less Oil
- 300 gm Chicken
- 1/2 Lemon Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Corriander powder
- 1 tbsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Pepper powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt As required
- Marinate the chicken by adding all the specified masalas. For tender chicken, the marination time is between 15 to 30 minutes. Increasing or reducing the marination time depends on the quality of the meat.
- After marination, Heat oil in an iron Kadai(preferably). Once the oil is heated, add the chicken pieces along with the masalas. Start the cooking process by keeping the flame high initially. Fry the chicken for 2 to 3 minutes in an open pan. Then close the Kadai with a lid.
- After 5 minutes, the chicken will ooze out of the water. At this point, bring down the flame to medium and allow the chicken to cook for another 10 minutes. Now you may start noticing the browning of masalas. Keep roasting chicken even after the water has evaporated.
- Remove the lid and roast the chicken even more to get the nicely roasted masala.