Nothing can really beat the taste of homemade pizza sauce. This sauce is neither too smoother nor too chunkier. When each of the taste elements perfectly balances, it lifts up the flavor of the sauce to a different level.
What makes the best pizza slice? The best slice uses the best sauce. Isn’t it? In that way, this is definitely a worth-trying pizza sauce recipe. It makes each bite of the pizza enjoyable. Apart from pizza, you can use this sauce to make delicious red sauce pasta just by tossing in your favorite pasta.
Try using ripe tomatoes. You can prefer country tomatoes over hybrid ones. Usually, we avoid using country tomatoes in sauces as it’s much tangier. But surprisingly, The tangy overtone will become perfectly balanced at the end of the cooking process.
Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe
- 10 Tomatoes Medium sized
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 15 pods Garlic Finely chopped
- 2 Onion Finely Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Mixed Herbs
- 1 Tbsp Chilli Flakes
- 3 Tbsp Tomato ketchup
- Salt To Taste
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- Let's start the recipe by blanching tomatoes. Place tomatoes in boiling water for 5 minutes or till you notice a crack in the tomatoes.
- Drain from the water and cool it completely before blending it to a smooth pulb.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add garlic pods and roast in medium flame. Combine onion and cook on medium flame.
- Add the tomato pulp and cook and cook for 5 to 6 minutes on medium to high flame.
- Along with this, add chili flakes, oregano, salt, and sugar. Cook this sauce on medium to high flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- When the sauce is thick, bring down the flame and store the sauce in an air-tight jar after cooling completely.