Easy and simple to make sweet bun recipe. It is made using minimal ingredients. These buns are super tastier and fresher than the store brought ones. They have got a soft texture with a unique flavor. It tastes buttery with a punch of cinnamon flavor. Even the warm ones straight from the oven taste absolutely delicious when served with a cup of tea.
When your kids turn up from school, do you feel like treating them? Then try these buns. These buns are perfect after-school snacks and don’t need a lot of prep work.
Sweet Buns Recipe
- 1 Tbsp Yeast
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Cups Milk
- 31/2 Cups All purpose flour
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon powder
- 50 gms Butter
- 1 Tsp Baking powder
- Combine warm milk, sugar 1 tbs and yeast in a bowl. Mix well and rest the mixture for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Take the dry ingredients ( Flour, Sugar, Salt, Cinnamon powder, baking powder ) in a bowl.
- Along with the dry ingredients, add egg and tutti frutti.
- Slowly combine the yeast mixture with the dry ingredients.
- Now add, soft butter a little at a time and knead the batter into a dough.
- Cover the bowl with buttered or oiled cling wrap and keep in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, inflate the dough and knead well.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and shape it as balls and place it on a baking tray.
- Cover them again with a buttered cling wrap and keep them in a warm place for 30 minutes or until you see it has risen well.
- You may prefer to give egg wash at this time for a shinier golden brown finish.
- Bake this in a pre-heated oven at 190°c for 20 minutes.
- Cool it completely and serve.
- In case of no foaming happens during yeast proofing, please do not proceed with further steps.
- You may prefer to use a hand mixer or stand mixer for your dough making.