This is for you from my aunt’s kitchen !!
Our all-time favorite fish Curry. This is my go-to fish curry as it’s very easy to prepare with minimal ingredients. Although it’s easy to make, its taste is unbeatable. I would say it’s a must-try recipe. After tasting this style of fish curry, probably your search for the best fish curry will end here.
Traditional Fish Curry from my Aunt’s Kitchen
- 1 Onion Large
- 11/2 Tbsp Cumin
- 11/2 Tbsp Fennel
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Grated
- 3 Tomatoes
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 to 3 Tbsp Corriander Powder
- 2 Tbsp Chilli powder
- 1 Tamarind Large Semon sized
- mustard seed As required
- Fenugreek Seed As required
- Oil As required
- Curry Leaves As required
- 1 Green Chilly
- Take Onion, Cumin and Fennel in a mixer and grind to a smooth paste.
- Grind coconut into a paste.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan and fry the onion paste that we prepared. Adding gingelly oil will enhance the flavor
- Once the raw smell leaves, add tomatoes along with chilli and salt. cover and cook till tomatoes turn mushy.
- Once the tomatoes are done, add the powdered spices. Add turmeric, coriander, and chilli powder and fry for a while.
- Then, add tamarind water and allow it to boil.
- When the tamarind water boils, add the coconut paste. Half cover the pan and cook till the gravy thickens
- Once the gravy thickens, add fish pieces and cook for just 5 minutes.
- For Seasoning, pour oil in a frying pan and season with the given ingredients. Add this to the broth and the delicious fish curry is ready.