Mushrooms are a rich source of Fiber, Protein, Selenium, and antioxidants. Properly cultivated mushrooms yield many health benefits according to recent studies. This beautiful little organism is widely known for its umami-flavored taste. In this recipe, the sauteed mushrooms are tossed in cashew and tomato-based sauce. This type of masala goes very well with any Variety of rice, Roti.
Mushroom Masala Recipe
- 200 gms Mushrooms
- 2 Onions
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- Curry leaves
- Oil as needed
- 2 Green Chilies
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Tbsp Coriander powder
- 1 Tbsp Chili powder – 1 tbsp
- 1 Tbsp Garam Masala
- Water as needed
- 10 Cashews
- Pour oil in a pan, add cumin , chilli and curry leaves for seasoning
- With this, add ginger garlic paste and saute. With this add the chopped onions.
- When the onion turns transcluent, add the spice powders(Turmeric, Chilli, Corriander)
- Then, add the tomatoes and cook until mushy.
- When the tomatoes are well mashed, add the mushrooms and the required salt.
- Mushrooms will start oozing out water. At this time add the ground cashew paste to get the creamier consistency( Soak cashews in water for 30 minutes before grinding)
- Finally sprinkle garam masala and mix well and cook for 1 minute.