Korma/Kurma is a side dish. This dish is famous across many places in India. Usually, this dish is prepared with Meat or Vegetables and served with Chapathi, Roti, Naan, Poori, aapam , ghee rice or with Pulav, etc. This type of curry is prepared by braising vegetables or meat with yogurt-coconut-based gravy.
Restaurant style Vegetable kurma
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 3 Clove
- 1 Cardamom
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Tbsp Fennel seeds
- 2 Onion If Medium-Sized then take 3
- 1 Tomatoes
- Salt As Required
- Curry Leaves As Required
- Coriander leaves As Required
- 2 Green Chilly
- 1 Tbsp Coriander powder
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 Cups Carrots, pineapple, cauliflower, potatoes
- 1/4 Cup Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Coconut
- 6 Cashew
- 1 Tbsp Poppy Seeds
- Grind coconut, cashews, poppy seeds and chillies into a smooth paste.
- In a pan, add coconut oil. Once heated add bay leaf, cinnamon, cardamom and fennel.
- Now add the chopped onions and curry leaves. Cook onions until transcluent. Do not over cook the onions.
- Add the ginger garlic paste.
- Add all the vegetables and fry for 1 minute.
- Add coriander powder.
- Add enough water to cook the vegetables.
- Cover the pan with a lid and allow the vegetables to cook.
- Once the vegetables are well cooked, add yogurt and simmer the flame.
- After 5 minutes, Add the cashew and Coconut paste.
- Add tomato and coriander leaves, cover again and cook for 5 minutes.
- After 5 Minutes the kurma will be ready to serve.