Roasted chicken has been one of my most favorite dishes. There are different ways to roast the chicken. This recipe is generally done over a fire or in Oven. But this different recipe uses very little Oil and the roasting is done in a pressure cooker.
I made this on a Sunday and served it with Rice and Sambar(Lentil Curry). We all loved this recipe and it was not enough for our family :). It wouldn’t even take 30 minutes to prepare this dish. This recipe is unique because we use very few ingredients.
Quick & Tasty chicken roast with less oil and less ingredient
- 1/2 Kg Chicken – 1/2 kg
- 1/4 Cup Yogurt – 1/4 cup
- 2 Tbsp Chilli Powder
- 1 Tbsp Pepper powder
- 2 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/4 Cup Coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp Ghee
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- Salt As Needed
- Marinate Chicken Pieces along with yogurt, Chilli powder, Ginger Garlic Paste, Lemon Juice and Salt for about 45 minutes
- Transfer the marinated chicken pieces to the pressure cooker. Along with the chicken add coconut oil, ghee and pepper powder.
- Cover the pressure cooker and cook for 20 minutes on medium heat.
- Open the lid after 20 minutes. Place in the stove until the gravy thickens. At this point, you can add more pepper powder