Russian Salad is also known as Olivier Salad and it’s a traditional dish in Russian Cuisine. It is made with Diced and steamed/boiled potatoes, carrots, Peas, Eggs, chicken, Apple, Pineapple dressed with mayonnaise. It may sound complex, but you can do your own customization and make it with what’s there in the pantry. This is definitely a simple recipe but tastes awesome.
The original recipe of this salad dressing is unknown to many. However, this recipe is made use of available and seasonal ingredients.
- 1/2 Cup Carrots
- 1/2 Cup Peas
- 1/2 Cup Potatoes
- 1/2 Cup Beans
- 1 Tbsp Pepper powder
- 1/2 Cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- Salt as needed
- Fruits of your choice Apples, Pineapples, Pomegranate, etcGrated cheese
- Steam or boil the vegetables. I used the steaming method to cook the vegetables. Steam for 10 minutes or until the potatoes become tender.
- In a bowl, add mayonnaise , buttermilk, salt, and pepper powder. You can adjust the consistency of the salad by adding or reducing buttermilk
- Pour the mix on top of the steamed vegetables and the cut fruits.
- You can top it with grated processed cheese if you like.