Kozukkattai is yet another popular dish in South Indian cuisine. These are basically steamed dumplings made of rice flour or any other grain flour. It can be prepared either with a filling based on coconut, Sugar/Jaggery, Mashed dal, etc. This is a healthier version of Rice Kozhukkattai. I have taken an equal proportion of Ragi and Rice Flour to make this kozhukkatai. You may increase or decrease Ragi flour according to your taste.
If you are a mother of a fuzzy toddler, You can think about adding this as finger food to your toddler’s menu. I made this for an evening snack. But this fits for a wholesome breakfast.
- 1 Cup Ragi flour
- 1 Cup Rice flour
- 1/2 Cup Crushed peanuts
- 3/4 Cup Jaggery Powder
- 3/4 Tbsp Cardamom powder
- 1 Tbsp Dry Ginger powder
- 1/2 Cup Coconut grated
- 3 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 Cup Hot milk
- Take Ragi and Rice Flour in a pan and roast them until you get a nice aroma. Remove from the flame.
- Add Crushed or coarsely ground peanuts along with Jaggery powder.
- Add Cardamom powder and Dry ginger powder if you like the flavor.
- Add Grated coconut and coconut oil.
- Now slowly add Hot milk and combine the flour well. Glaze it with a tbsp of Coconut oil again.
- Take a ball of dough and shape it as shown in the picture or in your favorite shape and steam it in the steamer for 12 to 15 minutes.